Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sunday saw the most rainfall in a single day in new york city recorded history. 12". And I still don't have a roof. We seem to have survived the flooding though

First lets take a look at the Kinetics spring isolation clips the studio ceiling is going to be hung from. Here's a close up
 and here's a bigger shot. Another set of hat channel is hung from the vertical cold-rolled steel strips which we will then treat as the ceiling joists.
 In the back you can get another view of some of the HVAC ducts going up above the control room
 Here's where the HVAC comes in to the live room. As you can see the ducts are a little oversized so the project's on hold for a minute while my PE can re-evaluate them to try and get the size down a litte.
 Here is my very wet basement. You can kinda see the boxes with my diffuser pannels in them. They're untreated, and I have an odd feeling I lost them in this storm. I'm gonna have to take a look next week and see if I have to order new ones. Which would be a serious bummer, but there's no use complaining about the rain.
 And here's the second floor. The Warmboard plywood radiant flooring system is partially installed, but that at least seems to have survived the rains, if a little damply.
 And out on the roof you can see where the hvac punches through into the studio. It takes up a bit of my patio, but really, who cares?


 Here's the highly contested three dimensional holo-roof.
 And finally one more picture of the water damage in the apartment. That's all stuff I'm still NOT planning on replacing. Looks like it may not be an option. 


No comments:

Post a Comment